The Council has also taken substantial steps to accelerate the development opportunity through the following:
- Bath Quays Bridge new pedestrian and cycling bridge will link Bath Quays North and South. Funding is committed, planning permission has been granted and the bridge is due to open in 2018.
- Funding Strategy The Council has secured in excess of £40 million through the Economic Development Fund, Local Growth Fund and Cycle City Ambition Fund towards service diversion/upgrade, demolition, public realm, flood and highway works.
- Floodworks Commenced to provide necessary protection to the site and will be complete by the end of 2017.
- Highways Works to enable the flood scheme are underway with the realignment of Corn Street now complete.
- Vacant possession Vacant possession will be provided on site.
- Planning An outline planning application is being submitted by the Council to provide greater delivery certainty.