A masterplan for Bath Quays North has been developed by Allies & Morrison Architects. Key features of the masterplan include:
- A total development quantum of approximately 37,000m2 (GIA) across seven buildings.
- Office, residential and retail accommodation in addition to car parking and public realm.
- A number of blocks are identified as flexible ‘swing blocks’ which could provide either office or residential accommodation.
- The flexible masterplan provides development potential for between:
- 15,000m2 and 27,500m2 of offices.
- 6,300m2 and 18,000m2 of residential.
- 3,500m2 of retail / F&B.
- A new double basement car park will provide a minimum of 320 public spaces together with parking for businesses and residents.
- A high quality area within the city, incorporating a new business address, alongside retail and residential uses that creates a distinctive sense of place and a spectacular setting.
- Active ground floor uses created through a distinctive retail and F&B offer.
- A generous and well-designed public realm focussed on the south facing riverside park as a social space.
Copies of the masterplan and planning information are available with the information pack.
As befitting a UNESCO World Heritage City, Bath expects a design of exceptional quality that will positively address design values and guidance set out within the information pack.